Whether you are building a new home, renovating one or multiple rooms, or just looking for the perfect fixture to complete your look, Illuminating Expressions can help!
In order to serve you better, we have created the following checklist of what to bring when you visit our showroom. We want to ensure the best lighting solutions for you!
- Plans – kitchen, whole house, or space being renovated
- Space measurements – including ceiling height. For any ceiling mounted fixture (flush or semi-flush mount, pendant, chandelier) we’ll always want to know your ceiling height. There really isn’t a “standard” height and there are great differences between older homes and new construction in terms of ceiling height.
- Furniture layout for living spaces: How do you use this space? Where are your major pieces of furniture placed? Will this fixture be hanging over a piece of furniture that doesn’t move regularly? Or do you need to be able to walk beneath this fixture? Do you have artwork you want to highlight? Will you have table and floor lamps in this space? Our Certified Lighting Specialists are happy to offer creative solutions for your space.
- For kitchen lighting: An accurate kitchen plan allows us to determine the best combination of ambient, task and accent lighting for your space. If this fixture is going over a dining or kitchen table, what are the dimensions of the table (especially the width)? If you are looking for pendants for over an island or peninsula, what are the dimensions of the island/peninsula?
- For bathroom vanity lighting: What are the dimensions of your vanity? Will you have a mirror or a medicine cabinet? If you have a medicine cabinet that is not recessed, what is the depth? For wall sconces, it’s helpful to know if there are any space restrictions, especially in the width.
- Color palette, design theme (traditional, transitional, contemporary)
- Photos of your space
- Photos from magazines of lighting and interior design that you like
- Any sort of inspiration that strikes you!
If you are building a new home or doing a major renovation, we recommend calling ahead to make an appointment with one of our Certified Lighting Specialists. We’d love to see your plans, schedule a site visit, and meet with your contractors!